Our brand Our brand essence, value propositions and their meaning
Our brand and its brand identity is what makes Hanwha Q CELLS unmistakable and visible in the face of a fierce global competition and helps us to keep it that way. Our brand is thus more than just a logo. It is a promise to both our employees and customers and it expresses what Hanwha Q CELLS stands for, thereby reassuring them and reinforcing their trust on a continual basis.
Our brand values Brand essence
We are a vertically integrated and fully bankable solar solution provider with a global footprint and market access. We strive to leading the world´s solar industry with our cutting edge technology and superior product quality. We are a future-proof, passionate and trusted partner to our investors, installers and end consumers.
History History and key facts & figures
South Korean president visits Jincheon plant
South Korean president, Moon Jae-in, visited our plant in Jincheon on February 1, 2018 for a joint declaration ceremony regarding job creation at Hanwha Q CELLS Korea. After the ceremony, the President and other dignitaries toured the plant, observed its operations, and praised Hanwha Q CELLS Korea’s job creation efforts as well as its promotion of renewable energy. “Hanwha Q CELLS is aligned with the government’s ‘3020 Policy’ aimed at producing 20% of the country’s electricity from renewables by 2030,” said President Moon. “It designates renewable energy as the industry to lead Korea’s innovative growth and I firmly believe Hanwha Q CELLS will be the company to lead that innovative growth in our nation,” added President Moon during his visit.
1 billion Q.ANTUM solar cells
Hanwha Q CELLS announces it successfully mass produced 1 billion Q.ANTUM solar cells. Q.ANTUM is Hanwha Q CELLS´ proprietary cell technology and supercharges ordinary crystalline solar cells and modules. The rear surfaces of Q.ANTUM solar cells are treated with a special nano coating that functions much like a typical household mirror. Rays of sunlight that would otherwise go to waste are reflected back through the cell to generate more electricity. Q.ANTUM delivers exceptional performance under real-world conditions. Q.ANTUM technology has been developed in the company´s Headquarter for Technology, Innovation and Quality in Thalheim, Germany, and has been in commercial mass production since 2012. As of June 2017, Hanwha Q CELLS has produced a total volume of around 5 Gigawatt of Q.ANTUM solar cells.
2015 - 2016
Hanwha Q CELLS & Hanwha SolarOne
In February 2015 Hanwha Q CELLS Co. Ltd. emerged as a new global solar power leader from combining two of the world´s most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers, Hanwha SolarOne and Hanwha Q CELLS. As per first quarter of 2016, Hanwha Q CELLS will be the largest manufacturer of solar cells with a capacity of 5.2 GW and one of the largest manufacturers of solar modules and PV Kits with a capacity of 5.5 GW.
Hanwha Q CELLS signs a 1.5 GW module supply agreement with NextEra Energy Resources, LLC.
- Hanwha Q CELLS has taken the lead among European PV companies with total shipments of 247 MW and a module production volume of 244 MW in Q1 2014
- Time Hanwha Q CELLS Japan has reached the position as the No. 1 foreign PV provider in Japan, as confirmed in the March edition of the leading Japanese PV magazine "Solvisto"
- Hanwha SolarOne announced capacity expansion plan to 2.3 GW of module capacity
- Hanwha SolarOne acquired product Carbon Footprint Certification, ISO 14067, based on New International Standard
- Hanwha Q CELLS extended its teams at its headquarters in Germany as well as in Malaysia and strengthened the international sales team in order to meet the globally growing demand
- Launch of the new generation of solar cells and the PV modules Q.PEAK-G3 and Q.PRO-G3
- Hanwha Q CELLS increased the utilization rates of the existing production capacities at its international sites and even the capacity in its Malaysian plant from 800 to over 900 MW – making for a total production capacity of 1.1 GW
- Hanwha SolarOne surpasses 4 GW of photovoltaic modules shipped to 35 countries around the world
- Launches New Generation HSL Series: smaller footprint, higher power output, and enhanced durability
- Official start of the company Hanwha Q CELLS GmbH
- Hanwha SolarOne passed the rigorous TUV Rheinland Long-Term Sequential Test (SF260)
- Hanwha SolarOne announced industry-leading 12-year workmanship warranty and improved power warranty and signed company's largest supply deal: 155 MW of high-performance modules to South Africa
2010 - 2012
- Solarfun joins the Hanwha Group (renamed Hanwha SolarOne)
- Production of Q CELLS in Malaysia begins
2003 - 2004
- Solarfun is founded
2001 - 2002
- Hanwha Q CELLS: Market launch of Q6 and Q6M 6-inch solar cells
Q CELLS AG is founded